BIRDWATCHING CLASSES & INDIVIDUAL TUITION
Simon’s birding classes are aimed at adult beginners and people who are wanting to improve their birdwatching skills. There is a continuous programme of classes running throughout the year which enables you to observe the seasonal changes and migration of birds in the UK. All classes can be booked individually. They are available from 2 hours to a full day. Classes are limited to 10 people to ensure that everyone has a great learning experience.
Simon’s popular programme of Wednesday Birding Tours are designed for you to enjoy and experience the fantastic countryside and birds across the South-east. Walks will be taken at a leisurely pace ensuring a relaxed and enjoyable day outdoors, allowing time to look at plumage details and bird behaviour.
COST: 1 tour for £14.00 per person TIME: 10am-4pm
- 13th Sep AUTUMN MIGRATION ON THE HOO PENINSULA – Wetland birds and autumn migration on the North Kent Marshes.
- 20th Sep AUTUMN AT RAINHAM MARSHES – Waders and wildfowl on one of the RSPB’s newest reserves.
- 27th Sep AUTUMN MIGRATION AT RYE HARBOUR – Migration on this superb wetland reserve.
- 4th Oct AUTUMN MIGRATION ON SHEPPEY – Raptors, waders and passerines exploring the best of Sheppey.
- 18th Oct AUTUMN AROUND SEVENOAKS – Enjoy autumn birding at Knole Park and the KWT Reserve.
- 25th Oct THE BEST OF AUTUMN AT DUNGENESS – Anything can turn up at this migration hotspot.
- 1st Nov MIGRATION ON THE NORTH KENT COAST – Autumn migration around Reculver, Seasalter, and Swalecliffe.
- 8th Nov BIRDING THE BEST OF OARE – Enjoy the Gunpowder Works and the marshes for fantastic birds.
- 22nd Nov WINTER AT THE LONDON WETLAND CENTRE – Enjoy exotic collections and search for Bittern on the wild-side.
- 29th Nov SHEPPEY RAPTOR SPECTACULAR – A chance to see as many birds of prey in one day.
- 6th Dec THE BEST OF DUNGENESS – Seabirds, wildfowl, Bittern all possible.
- 13th Dec KENT FINCH SAFARI – Mixed birding as we attempt to see the Kent finches in one day.
- 20th Dec CHRISTMAS BIRDING AT WAKEHURST PLACE – Woodland birds and wildfowl on the grounds and private reserve.
Please visit for more information… www.exploring-the-wild.com/day-tour-programme